Creamy asparagus, leek, and potato soup
3 large leeks - chopped
3 ribs of celery - chopped
1 large bunch of asparagus - trimmed and chopped
5-10 garlic cloves - roughly chopped
3 large potatoes - peeled and chopped
1.5-2 L of chicken/veggie stalk
1 cup cream (I used 10% but if you like it richer then go for the full 35%)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, fry up the chopped leeks and celery till tender (don't brown them)
2. Add the asparagus, potatoes, garlic, and 1L of stalk
3. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer till all the vegetables are soft.
4. Remove from heat and puree the soup till smooth with a hand blender and add remaining stalk till it reaches your desired consistency.
5. Add cream, salt, and pepper.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, green onions, or whatever garnish you prefer.