DIY Glass Bottle Cleaner
If you've ever needed to clean labels from jars, you'll know how much of a pain it can be.
I've used GooGone, but I find it sometimes lacking. Also, the fact that it doesn't list ingredients and has all kinds of warnings has always made me a little nervous.
I found this solution on The Creek Line House and it worked like a charm.
- 1 part Baking Soda
- 1 part Oil (I used vegetable)
- Mix it up into a paste.
What to do with it
- Soak and scrape as much of the label off as you can.
- Spread the paste all over the offending goo.
- Let it soak. We went shopping halfway through my bottle cleaning adventure so it was about 2 hours before I got back to scrubbing. I don't think it needs to soak that long.
- Scrub the label with a rough dish scrubber or a stiff brush. The baking soda helps a lot with the scrubbing.
- Wash the residue off with dish soap and admire your reflection.