This recipe makes a HUGE batch, great for gifting or if you are really really hungry.
Feel free to half it, double it, or wing it and change up all the proportions.
- 10 cups quick cook oats
- heaping cup whole almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup agave/maple/any syrup
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup nectar or thick fruit juice
- (I used a very thick pineapple juice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups currants
Other add in ideas:
- Chocolate chip or M&Ms
- Dried fruits: cranberries, apricots, cherries, mango, pineapple
- Nuts or seeds: flax, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans
- Other cereal: spelt flakes, puffed quinoa, rice crispies
- Preheat oven to 300
- Mix the syrup, oil, and juice into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl place the oats and any raw nuts you will be adding to the granola.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats and stir well.
- Spread a thin layer of the oats onto several baking trays and bake until golden, stirring the oats every 10 minutes.
- Let the sheets cool and then break up the oats into a large bowl.
- Add the coconut, dried fruits, and any other ingredients and mix. Wait till everything is FULLY cooled before placing in containers for storage.
Pro tip: Put a small "cereal box toy" in the bottom of the container act surprised and excited when you find it.