Chocolate Avocado Pie
This was one of my favourites at out Pi Day party. It can be adapted for most dietary requirements. You can use any crust you want or skip the crust and serve it just like regular chocolate mousse. Get creative and add extracts if you want different flavours like mint or a few spoonfuls of peanut-butter will make it extra awesome.
- 1 package of Graham crackers or vegan cookies (I used Kinnicknnick's GF s'moreables)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats (Only Oats)
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegan substitute
- Pulverize the graham crackers in a food processor into coarse crumb.
- Add the oats, cocoa powder and melted butter and mix throughly
- Press into a pie dish and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes
- Let cool completely
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream (as thick as possible*)
- 3 tbsp agave or other liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8oz melted semi-sweet baker's chocolate
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor
- Pour into the crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Optional: Decorate with toppings of choice like coconut, berries, toffee bits, etc.
* The best way to get the thickest coconut cream is to open the can without shaking it. Just scoop out the solids that are on the top.