Sweet Potato Coffee Cake
- 3 cups light spelt flour + a bit for dusting
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325
- Thoroughly grease a bundt pan... really thoroughly... and then dust with flour.
- In two separate bowls, mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean.
- Invert the cake shortly after taking it out of the oven ***
- Once it is cooled, drizzle with your choice of icing. I made a cinnamon lemon icing which was amazing.
*** Ok, mine lost a chunk because I didn't grease it enough. There are lots of tips online about removing a bundt cake from the pan that seem pretty legit. I will try this strategy next time I use my bundt pan.